Sunday, March 27, 2016

Viewing Components

Currently I'm looking at 2 different parts of my computer. The CPU and the Motherboard. They both are great for what I need and will be using the computer for but the only issue is knowing whether or not the two parts are compatible.

I've found a page that tells me what I need to look at for compatibility. For example, sockets and chipsets. I looked at the page for the Motherboard and found that it had multiple sockets. It had FX, Phenom II, Athlon II, and Sempron. I looked at what the different sockets supported and found out that Sempron supported the type of CPU the one I was looking at was, which is FM2. So I was all good on a socket standpoint. I then looked at chipsets. The Motherboard has an AMD 970 chipset with SB950. So I looked at a wikipedia chart for AMD chipsets for what they would require and the CPU delivered on all fronts. My uncle even helped me out and he has an extensive knowledge of computers. So as far as I know, the motherboard and CPU are compatible with one another and I should be ordering them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment